Shopify theme installation
After downloading the template from your account you should unzip the template package on the computer.
There you'll find the theme zip archive, sources folder, and documentation folder with the installation instructions as well.
Please, unzip the theme package on computer first and then upload the needed theme from the vendy_theme folder to Shopify.
Note: You may follow the simple instruction steps described in this guide How to install the theme.
For Vendy main theme installation sel ect vendy-main-v4.1.zip and upload it to Shopify as shown in our guide:
In order to get the needed homepage layout of Vendy main theme, you should duplicate Vendy main theme in the admin panel and then replace the code of config/settings_data.json and template/index.json files fr om the Layouts folder. Select home_1 or the needed skin folder and copy files code inside:
Logging into account
Register your account at shopify.com (if you are already registered, log into your account by adding /admin to your domain name in your browser address bar and entering your email and password).
First, you should unzip the downloaded template package archive on your computer.
The theme skins are located in the template package -> theme.
Shopify theme installation
- Navigate to Themes. It contains a default Shopify theme. Click Upload a theme button in the upper right corner.
- Click Browse in the pop-up window and open the template folder on your computer.
- Select theme###.zip file.
- Click Upload button. In a few seconds the new theme will show up in the list of the available themes for your online store.
- Click Publish theme button at the bottom of your new theme.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed a Shopify template. Now it is ready to work. You can open your online store in the browser and check how it looks.
How to Install a Shopify 2.0 Theme after Theme Package Update
In order to update Online Store 2.0 theme follow the steps below:
- Install the latest version of the theme in the preview.
- Click on the ‘edit code‘ of the main (published) theme.
- Step1: choose the template where the client made his changes. For example, the index.json file (corresponds to the changes on the main Home page). It is necessary to copy the entire content of the file somewhere (to a notepad, for example).
- Step2: go to the ‘edit code’ tab of the newly installed theme and select the same index.json file, delete the content of the file and paste the data we copied earlier into it. Save it.
- Do the same Step1 and Step2 for all templates, if changes were made to them. If changes were made only to the Home page, then it is enough to transfer only one template.
- Go to the main (published) template in the ‘edit code’ tab in the Config folder, choose the settings_data.json file, and copy the entire content of the file somewhere (to notepad, for example).
- Go to the ‘edit code’ tab of the newly installed theme and select the same settings_data.json file, delete the contents of the file and paste the data we copied earlier from the same published theme file into it. Save it.
- After completing these steps, you can go to the theme preview and make sure that the settings have been saved and displayed correctly.
- If everything goes well, you can publish a new topic.