If you don't want to spend your time installing the template, don't hesitate to order installation service using our live-chat.
Zemez theme is built as a WordPress theme, so you need to have WordPress engine installed first. If you have not installed it yet, please refer to the WordPress Installation section.
Download the required WordPress version. You can check which release is required on the template preview page in the requirements list. Make sure you download the correct version.
You can download the WordPress platform on the official WordPress.org website: Download WordPress. If you need another release, follow this link: WordPress versions archive. Once the platform is downloaded, you’ll need to unpack the files. You can use any file archiver that supports ZIP format to unpack the ZIP file.
These tutorials will show you how to unpack the archived files, if you have Windows OS (using WinZip) and if you have MAC OS (using StuffitExpander):
- WinZip Downloading and Installation;
- Archived Files Extraction;
- Archived Files Extraction for Windows;
- How to unpack the template (MAC OS);
- Template Extraction on MAC OS.
Once the WordPress platform files and folders are unpacked, you need to upload them to the hosting server.
Upload the files and folders to the server into the PUBLIC_HTML or WWW directory.
If you can’t find the PUBLIC_HTML or WWW directory on your hosting server, contact your hosting provider and find out where you should upload the website files to.
You can also take a look at these tutorials that give detailed information on how to upload the files to a hosting server:
Next, you need to create a database for the WordPress platform.
You can create it using the database management tool in the hosting cpanel (usually it is PhpMyAdmin). With the help of phpMyAdmin you can create a new database in 3 simple steps (check the slides below):
- Click the Database button at the top navigation menu to see the list of databases.
- Enter database name in the Create new database field.
- Click the Create button.
You will see the new database in the list now. Click on its name to access it.
If you face any difficulties while creating the database, contact your hosting provider for tech support.
You can also check the following tutorials:
Enter the WordPress directory path into the browser address bar and click Enter. WordPress installation will begin.
Creating the Configuration File
WordPress installation screen will inform you that the configuration file is missing. Click Create Configuration File to create it.
Please note that the prefix of WordPress database tables should be wp_.
You need to enter the WordPress database connection details here.
You need to enter the next details:
- website name;
- administrator login and password;
- website e-mail.
Click Install WordPress.
If you have entered the correct details, you will see a successful installation message and the WordPress dashboard access button.
You can also take a look at these video tutorials:
- Manual WordPress Installation to HostGator Server;
- Manual WordPress Installation to BlueHost Server;
- Manual WordPress Installation to SiteGround Server;
- Manual WordPress Installation to GoDaddy Server;
- Manual WordPress Installation to JustHost Server.
Cherry Wizard Theme Installation
If you have Cherry Theme Wizard plugin installed you can proceed to the first step of your theme installation. The process is rather quick and easy, it won’t take long.
Go to the Administration panel > Tools > Cherry Theme Wizard and a window will appear offering you to install a new theme. To start the installation process fill in the fields Template ID and Order ID .
The uploading and installation process will begin. It may take some time, so wait for several minutes before the theme will be completely installed to your Wordpress Engine.
Then you’ll see a new window that will offer you to choose whether you want to automatically generate a Child Theme, or you would rather use Parent Theme.
A Child Theme affords you to customize it without worrying about occasionally damaging it. All the changes will be made and saved in the Child Theme.Installing a Child Theme is a safe way to do the further customization.
When the Child Theme is generated you’ll see a window informing you that the theme was successfully installed.
Cherry Wizard Plugins Installation
The second step includes making all the necessary preparations and installing plugins. It is important to install all the needed plugins for your theme to make it work correctly and enjoy all of its advantages.
Right after the theme was installed you’ll see a new window offering you to select skin and start installation. Select the skin you prefer the most, view the list of recommended plugins and proceed further.
The next step will offer you to choose how you want your demo content to be installed. It can be installed in two ways:
- full version
- contains the entire amount of sample data to be used in the template, it is recommended to install it if you have a premium hosting plan;
- lite version
- lite version - contains optimized amount of sample data with the smaller number of posts and images, it is recommended to use it if you have an entry-level hosting plan.
After that you’ll be led to Configure Plugins menu, where you’ll be able to view the list of plugins before installing them to your theme.
The list usually contains such plugins categories:
- required plugins
- the category contains the minimal list of service plugins needed for your theme;
- recommended plugins
- in the category you can view the recommended set of basic plugins needed to display the template’s pages. If you don’t install them, some sections of your website will not be displayed;
- extra plugins
- the category lists the plugins that are available to use together with your template and may be needed for the additional functionality of your theme.
After you’ve chosen the plugin categories you want to install, you will be immediately led to the installation. You’ll be able to monitor it by observing the indicators and the process bar.
When the installation will be complete you’ll see the latter notice:
Cherry Wizard Demo Content Installation
The next step will be to install demo content that comes with your theme. It usually adds to your theme the necessary content, such as images, posts and other sample data.
A window will appear offering you to:
- append demo content to the existing content
- this way the new sample data will be added to the existing one;
- replace the existing content with demo content
- this option will delete your existing content and will install the new sample data instead of it;
- skip demo content installation
- choose this option if you don’t want to install demo content and you want to keep the already existing one.
If you’ve chosen to install the demo content, the next step will lead you to the Importing Sample Data window, where you’ll need to enter your password to start importing (it is the password you usually use when you go to Administration Panel).
After that you’ll be able to monitor the process of importing sample data. You’ll see the bars that will show the progress.
When the demo content will be successfully installed you’ll see the latter notice.
Now you can view your website or proceed to the further customization!
You can also install the theme manually. If you don't want to use Cherry Wizard just follow the steps listed below.
1. Extract the template package.
2. Navigate to the Appearance > Themes section at the admin panel of the site and open the theme folder.
3. Locate the archive named as theme-name.zip and install the theme by pressing Install Now.
4. Next please press on Activate link.
To use this method, you need to have access to your WordPress site files on FTP through the File Manager of your hosting control panel or an FTP client like Filezilla, CuteFTP, Total Commander, etc.
- Unzip the theme-name.zip files to any folder on your hard drive (first, right-click each of the .zip files, select Unzip to theme-name respectively, so you get the one folder called theme-name).
- Upload the theme-name folder to the /wp-content/themes/ directory on your FTP server.
- Log in to your WordPress admin panel (add /wp-admin after your domain name in the browser address bar).
- Go to the menu Appearance > Themes .
- Under the Available Themes section find theme-name and activate it by clicking the Activate button.
Manual Plugin Installation
If you need to install plugins manually, you can do it this way.
- install plugins from theme/(your theme name)/assets/includes/plugins;
- go to Wordpress.org and download the necessary plugins;
- go to plugins tab on your administration panel and click on add new button;
- you will see the the search field that can help you search the necessary plugins by keywords, you can install them from your administration panel at once;
- you can also upload the plugins from your PC if you already have them on your computer in .zip format. Just click on upload plugin button and choose the needed files.
Manual sample data installation
For installing the sample data manualy please follow the instructions listed below.
Open the theme/manual_install folder of your downloaded template package.
Upload the uploads folder to the wp-content directory of your WordPress installation, accept folder(s) replacement. Please note that your images may be replaced with sample images.
- Open the theme-name.sql file that is located in the theme/manual_install folder in any text editor (preferably Sublime Text or Notepad) and replace all instances of your_website_url_here with your website URL in the entire document using the Find and Replace tool (hit Ctrl+H hot keys to open this window). E.g.: http://www.mywebsite.com. Please, make sure that you do not have the forward slash / sign at the end of the address and the url starts with http://www. Save your changes and close the file.
Now you can import the dump file with the phpMyAdmin tool or some other database management tool.
Open your WordPress database using a database management tool. Usually, the database tool is called PhpMyadmin.
Go to the Import tab and import the .sql file.
Go to Settings > Permalinks .
Click the Save Changes button.
Refresh your home page. That’s it, the template has been installed with demo sample content.