Parts & Tires Documentation
Thank you for downloading Magento theme. This documentation consists of several parts and covers the entire process of installing and setting up the Magento theme starting from a zero basis.
We did our best to make this manual information to be presented in a simple, straightforward manner. For ease of reference, the text the manual provides has been restructured in different chapters, you can see in the left-side menu. You are able to navigate to any part of the documentation using the active content headers' links.
We recommend that you start reading the documentation at the first section.
What is Magento Commerce?
Magento is a feature-rich eCommerce platform built on the open-source technology. It provides flexibility and control over the look, content and functionality of the eCommerce store. Magento's user-friendly administration interface features powerful marketing, search engine optimization and catalog-management tools to give merchants the power to create sites that are tailored to their unique business needs. Designed to be completely scalable and backed by Varien's support network, Magento offers companies the ultimate eCommerce solution.
What is a Magento theme?
Magento theme is a complete design for your online store based on Magento engine. In other words, you can easily change your Magento shop appearance by installing a new theme in a few easy steps. With all of its simplicity a Magento theme is provided with all the necessary source files that you can edit or extend the way you need.
Magento files structure
The theme package you have downloaded consists of several folders. Let's see what each folder contains:
- contains documentation files.
- contains the theme screenshots. Not for production.
- contains the theme source files.
- contains the theme Adobe Photoshop source files (.psd).
- contains additional pages and custom blocks provided with the theme.
- contains Magento theme sample data files.
- contains files and directories that should be uploaded to the root directory of your Magento installation.
- the database backup file. Contains the theme sample content.
- contains Magento theme files and directories that should be uploaded to the root directory of your Magento installation.
- contains the complete Magento installation package with engine files, theme and sample content (sample images).
- the file used to extract files from the fullpackage.zip when uploaded to the hosting server.
- contains instructions on how to extract source files.